SilverThorne
SilverThorne
SilverThorne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SilverThorne

A group of like minded people with the fortitude to carry out the desires and will of the whole. This is Silverthorne. A group from the game Renaissance Kingdoms.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steei

something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think Empty
PostSubject: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Steei wrote:
under the heading of lets get down to brass tacks

since everyone is so gungho to merge chester county with others lets take it another step further

what say you people I mean you all say it is for the good of England to divy up Chester lets go a step further and divy up England into two functioning counties Sussex remains unto itself

Cumberland Absorbs Lancaster, Chester, and Stafford into itself

Somerset Absorbs Cornwall, Worchester, and Wiltshire into itself

it is time you talk big when it is not your county being divied up man up or shut up

this will leave us with two stronger counties both fiscally and Militarily would give each county thier own mines to work with no one need hunt for stone or Iron as each of the two counties can supply thier own

what say you people I mean you all say it is for the good of england to divy up Chester lets go a step further and divy up england into two functioning counties Sussex remains unto itself
Back to top Go down
RobyLambourne

something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think Empty
PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:41 pm

(Me and Steei talked about this, this isnt me being rude to how Steei said it, it is just the way i would write it, anyone else is welcome to change mine around Smile)

Lets get down to Brass Tacks

Since everyone is suggesting to merge Chester County with others, lets take it a step further.

Some of you have points of adding Chester to Lancaster or Stafford.
But what if we decided to have Cumberland,Lancaster, Chester and Stafford join as one county which is based on defending the north border and the North East and if needed the North West coast.

Somerset, Cornwall, Worchester and Wiltshire merge together and defend the south and the south East and south west Coasts.

This will leave us with two bigger countys that are better financially and have more military strength.

It also has the advatage of having more raw matarials to build ports and make towns more stable and has the trade benefits of North trading with South if items are running low.

It also means that the armies are not restricted within their own small borders and can travel across the land without falter.

With this idea sussex will remain independent of England.

Hopefully, this means we are closer to having a fully united England and we can drop all Indavidual glory and stop personal gain.
Back to top Go down
Steei

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:29 pm

heres some pros for doing the merges intotwo large counties

northern county of England of the merged Cumberland

Mines
5 Gold
5 Iron
5 Stone

combined might of the

CM
LHG
CB
SG

to then defend the northern County

southern County of England of the merged Somerset County

instead of the original capitals set up those as
different Universaties of Study

Mines
6 Gold
4 Iron
5 Stone

combined might of the

SAS
WG
CRG
WA

to then defend the southern County

Last edited by Steei on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steei

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm

another Pro is a streamlined HoP and plenty of Political parties to run for Positions upon the councils of the two Counties not to mention that decisions can actually be made without taking 6-7 weeks in HoP

Cons if anyone can think of some please do let me know
Back to top Go down
Steei

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:34 pm

my thoughts on what we could do with the current capitals that are absorbed is turn them into Universities and forts and storehouses of the new larger county

if we could get admin support for this we could possibly talk with them about coding benefits for armies statiotned at these forts ie 1/2 costs on all things required

studying at the universities could yeild a better return on your time then studying on your own

also make each university teach only specific things if someone wants to teach it at a universaty they have to travel to that specific one as well as if someone wants to learn it same deal
Back to top Go down
Lord_Dragon
Admin
Lord_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:31 pm

It's an interesting notion... but you know it as well as i do...

Most people won't nut up.

They don't care what happens in a neighbors yard because they don't have to deal with it. They only care when it is in their back yard.

So it's a nice discussion but it won't happen.
Back to top Go down
https://silverthorne.forumotion.com
Steei

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:55 pm

ok to let everyone here know, I spoke with two councilors from Cumberland and they were willing to merge Chester county with Cumbland with lancaster between them ie we would be part of cumberland under thier flag they would then have to see to the running of the mines and such of course we would have them deciding our laws perhaps it is something the councils would have to work out to decide

but that would then mean the corsairs and wos are occupying cumberland soil
Back to top Go down
Lord_Dragon
Admin
Lord_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:44 pm

am not chopping up Chester.

NOT going to happen... don't even think about it.
Back to top Go down
Steei

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:19 am

wasn't implying to chop it up just more fully unite it with the one county thats been our biggest ally through thick and thin
Back to top Go down
Lord_Dragon
Admin
Lord_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 am

I like Cumberland... they have had some good folks up there.

You run into a few issues...

For one, they can't do it. Against game Mechs

For two, they are roughly 3-5 days fast travel away.

For three, we can't get rid of the capital.

for 4, i love chester too much to see it merged with another.
Back to top Go down
Steei

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 pm

I think te point being made is we would rp it as being one county with two councils sorta but would also mean that if Chester is attacked it would be just as if Cumberland was attacked from that point onwards I think it is all stuff that would have to be discussed between the two counties
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think   something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something I want to post into the Commons but we need to kick it around fo now I think
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SilverThorne :: Court Yard-
Jump to: